Grumble, grumble ...
(Layout and credits can be found here.)
If you've stopped in for lightness, froth and bubble ... you've come to the wrong blog, lol! I'm sooooo tired and grumpy and uninspired at the moment ... still not recovered from our 'holiday', still nowhere caught up with my scrapping commitments, still staying up way too late at night! Work is hard and relentless, my house is still chaotic after the unpacking took place in the middle of it, kids are grumpy too, DH has a heavy cold and is exhausted ... ok, I did warn you, lol!
The daughter and I did an enforced shopping trip tonight. She has a week long excursion starting this weekend, back down to the cold parts of the country, and of course, she has grown so much in the last few months that none of her jeans fit her any more. Length-wise, I mean. She is a total stringbean, but very tall for her age. I started this shopping trip with fear and trepidation, because even though it is still winter, all the shops have their summer range out on the shelves. And yes, we did find some jeans, but waaaaay up in the expensive range, and not what I had in mind. Moving on ...
I'm wondering tonight why more people don't look in their mirrors in the morning and decide to stay indoors, in the interests of not offending the rest of the world. I saw a girl walking along with her denim skirt down sooo low, I could see two inches of stuff I really shouldn't have to look at that late in the day (or any time in the day, for that matter!), and left with the certainty that should someone give her skirt a gentle tug, it would slither down to sit comfortably on her shoes, along with her undergarments ... if she was wearing any.
I saw strange and singularly unattractive combinations of summer and winter garb! I saw shoppers with obscene language on the tshirts, in very large and easy to read fonts. I notice fonts, you know! I saw really baaaaad colour combinations ... I saw it was time to take myself and my daughter home ... so after the essentials ... jeans, a new book, dinner of a Sweet Banana Crepe (crepe, bananas, syrup, whipped cream, chocolate ice-cream) ... we did just that.
I've just looked at the time ... 11.47 pm, so I spose I had better chase that essay-writing DH off to bed, and myself as well. Tomorrow, a new freebie and a new layout or two ... catch you then!
If you've stopped in for lightness, froth and bubble ... you've come to the wrong blog, lol! I'm sooooo tired and grumpy and uninspired at the moment ... still not recovered from our 'holiday', still nowhere caught up with my scrapping commitments, still staying up way too late at night! Work is hard and relentless, my house is still chaotic after the unpacking took place in the middle of it, kids are grumpy too, DH has a heavy cold and is exhausted ... ok, I did warn you, lol!
The daughter and I did an enforced shopping trip tonight. She has a week long excursion starting this weekend, back down to the cold parts of the country, and of course, she has grown so much in the last few months that none of her jeans fit her any more. Length-wise, I mean. She is a total stringbean, but very tall for her age. I started this shopping trip with fear and trepidation, because even though it is still winter, all the shops have their summer range out on the shelves. And yes, we did find some jeans, but waaaaay up in the expensive range, and not what I had in mind. Moving on ...
I'm wondering tonight why more people don't look in their mirrors in the morning and decide to stay indoors, in the interests of not offending the rest of the world. I saw a girl walking along with her denim skirt down sooo low, I could see two inches of stuff I really shouldn't have to look at that late in the day (or any time in the day, for that matter!), and left with the certainty that should someone give her skirt a gentle tug, it would slither down to sit comfortably on her shoes, along with her undergarments ... if she was wearing any.
I saw strange and singularly unattractive combinations of summer and winter garb! I saw shoppers with obscene language on the tshirts, in very large and easy to read fonts. I notice fonts, you know! I saw really baaaaad colour combinations ... I saw it was time to take myself and my daughter home ... so after the essentials ... jeans, a new book, dinner of a Sweet Banana Crepe (crepe, bananas, syrup, whipped cream, chocolate ice-cream) ... we did just that.
I've just looked at the time ... 11.47 pm, so I spose I had better chase that essay-writing DH off to bed, and myself as well. Tomorrow, a new freebie and a new layout or two ... catch you then!



4 Comments:
Oh, yeah... I guess we've got the same "distorted" mirrors here in the US. The ones that show what the observer WISHES he/she looked like and not what they actually DO look like. Ick. But, hey... sounds like your yummy, sweet dinner made up for the "ick", right? ;)
Oh dinner sounds yummy! LOL about the mirrors... lots of missing mirrors at the shopping centre where I work as well.
I hope your day off restores your spirit Sharon.
That sounds like a delicious and nutritious dinner! It really makes you wonder what some people were thinking when you see them dressed at shopping centres. Did they dress in the dark, do they just not care? Glad you got all the essentials though and hope Tashy enjoys her excursion and the D man is feeling better soon :)
Well.. i have to admit.. i dont care too much for clothing.. I dont care much for shoes. BUT.. I do wear colours that coordinate..even if they are all plain.. i wear shoes and.. and walk upright.. more than can be said for some. The teeny tiny skirts.. i am not noticing.. I am HATING the new trend of wearing ones mobile phone in ones bra, with a teeny tiny shirt over it..
and giggling when it vibrates.. yes folks.. a trend we should all avoid! Cheer up Sharon.. Weekend is here!
Post a Comment
<< Home