Never fear ... I am still here!
I'm just awfully distracted and busy at the moment ... with school starting, there are only so many hours to the day, and at the moment, they seem full of trivia. And as per usual, I have procrastinated in a big way and put off my programming (classroom lessons) for the term in a big way, and hey, the term has started and I'm not ready ... Some of the 'joy' in my life involves ...
- two photocopiers ... one broken down and jamming, and one out of toner.
- a printer that won't print.
- a data projector that won't project so that you can actually read what is on the screen.
- a washing basket (or two) full of clean washing that waited all last week to be ironed, and now can be ignored no longer.
- no food in the cupboards, and even worse ... no coffee or coke!
- students that can't access the internet ... after a whole term, still.
- My server that has been relocated to another campus over the holidays, unbeknownst to me. This means I can't do my usual troubleshooting when stuff doesn't work.
- Being treated like a student by male staff members who are under the misapprehension that 'girls can't do IT' ...
- Finding our lost vacuum cleaner ... yes, that's the one that has been lost for six months ... and discovering that the last person that used it left it full of vomit and absorbant pellets that suck the vomit up but intensify the stench!
On a brighter and more fragrant note, the boy got a Distinction in a country-wide Science competition, and the girl got a Distinction in the same competition, only in Maths. We're enjoying our new little red car that joined our family over the weekend ... DH is off his motor bike at last, and he will be warm and dry on the way to and from work. That has to be a big YAY! Off to teach some more ... and no, I'm sure I wouldn't be blogging at work! Would I???


3 Comments:
{{{Big HUG}}} you sound like you need one today... and yuck about the vomit in the vacuum cleaner, how gross is that!
You're not blogging at work the same way I'm not reading your blog at work, right??
I think my email to you bounced, I'm sad! I said sell the girl's hair! ;)
Ack, above was me - using IE and it wouldn't let me enter any details!
Post a Comment
<< Home